Welcome to the 12th annual What’s in a Name reading challenge! In years past, the What’s in a Name reading challenge has been hosted by Charlie @ The Worm Hole. This year is not only my first year hosting WIAN, but my first time ever hosting a challenge. So bear with me as I learn and keep in mind that I plan to continually improve! My goal for WIAN this year is to have fun and be inspired by others.
The challenge extends from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. You can sign up any time, but only count books that you read between those dates.
Read a book in any format (hard copy, ebook, audio) with a title that fits in each category.
Don’t use the same book for more than one category.
Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
You can choose your books as you go or make a list ahead of time.
Sign up below with a link to your What’s in a Name challenge page, not to your main blog page. Feel free to save the graphic at the top of this post! Also, link back to this sign up page in your challenge post so others can join too.
The categories below are links to each category sign up link. Add your post for each category so we can see what you’ve read and discover ideas as needed.
Here are the categories:
- A precious stone/metal (ex. Ruby Holler, The Silver Chair)
- A temperature (ex. In Cold Blood, Love in the Time of Global Warming)
- A month or day of the week (ex. Tuesdays with Morrie, March)
- A meal (ex. Breakfast at Tiffany’s, A Feast for Crows)
- Contains the word “girl” or “woman” (ex. Gone Girl, The Woman in the Window)
- Contains both the words “of” AND “and” (ex. A Court of Thorns and Roses, The Book of Blood and Shadow)
Click the Mister Linky graphic above to enter your name and/or blog name (many people use this format: Andrea @ Carolina Book Nook) and the URL to your challenge post. If you have any issues, email me through the Contact menu at the top of my blog and I’ll manually sign you up.
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! Thanks and happy reading!