Welcome to the 13th annual What’s in a Name challenge! In years past, this challenge was hosted by Charlie at The Worm Hole. I took over for 2019 and I’m excited to host again this year!
The challenge runs from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020. You can sign up any time, but only count books that you read between those dates.
Read a book in any format (hard copy, ebook, audio) with a title that fits into each category.
Don’t use the same book for more than one category.
Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
You can choose your books as you go or make a list ahead of time.
Sign up using the Mr Linky below with a link to your WIAN challenge page/post, not your main blog URL. Feel free to save and use the graphic at the top of the page! Also, link back to this sign up page in your challenge post so others can join too.
The categories below are links to each category sign up link. Add your book review for each category so we can see what you’ve read and discover ideas as needed.
Here are the categories for 2020:
- An ampersand – & (ex. Blanca & Roja, Rot & Ruin)
- An antonym (ex. Big Little Lies, Wicked Saints)
- 4 letters or less (ex. Feed, Vox)
- A given/first name (ex. Tess of the Road, Flowers for Algernon)
- Reference to children (ex. Baby Proof, Children of Blood and Bone)
- One of the 4 natural elements – water, air, fire, earth (ex. The River at Night, The Name of the Wind)
Click the Mister Linky graphic above to enter your name and/or blog name (many people use this format: Andrea @ Carolina Book Nook) and the URL to your challenge post. If you have any issues, email me through the Contact menu at the top of my blog and I’ll manually sign you up.
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! Thanks and happy reading!